Saturday, March 3, 2012

10 Pounds Gooooooonne!

It seems like it has taken forever...ever been there? It's really only been 52 days. But, I can now officially say that I have lost 10 pounds. The first 7 pounds was easy. The last 3, not so much.

Oddly enough, the thing that has helped me out the most in the last few weeks has been the movie Moneyball. If you love baseball, Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, or if you can breath, you''ll love this movie. It has absolutely nothing to do with losing weight (although if you caught a glimpse of Jonah Hill at the 84th Annual Academy Awards you can see he's dropped a few pounds!). It does have to do with perseverance and most importantly the mathematics of success. There are certain thing in life that if you do the math, it HAS to work!

I dropped the first 7 pounds in 2 weeks. The last 3 have taken 5 weeks to lose! Now, I will admit there were a few moments where I consumed some no no's. I had a little too much fun with some homemade rice krispie treats a few weeks back. But, instead of giving up and falling into the belief that I just can't weigh less, or it's not worth all of this hard work, I keep doing the math. Remember, losing a pound is worth about 3,500 calories. Whenever I give some up, or burn some off, and when it adds up to that magic number, I'll be 1 pound more successful.

And that's exactly where I'm at right now. Right now my goal is to lose 1 pound. Not 13 more like I'd eventually like to. Just one. I can do that. It might take me a week, or 2 weeks, but I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment