Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Is it day 27 or day 2?

I set out this summer saying that "I have to lose that extra 20 pounds." I know that if I don't do it now I won't do it later. I've already been saying this for almost 3 years, since my youngest was born.
So, Thursday, June 2 was day 1 of 80 days of summer vacation. Life just seems to slow down with the summer and I was certain that with less time constrictions I would finally do this. Well, it's day 27 and guess what? I've lost a grand total of 1.5 pounds. Now, you might say, "good for you", or "a pound's a pound!" But, I know I could have done a LOT better! Let's just say that I haven't been behaving when it comes to eating right.
So, yesterday I started over with new gusto and survived. Today I keep reminding myself that I really do like to eat healthy. I love the way healthy food tastes. I feel so accomplished after a day of avoiding refined sugars and processed foods. I'm really looking forward to day 3.


Lunch today was a smoothie made with Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla yogurt, mixed fruit (frozen), and skim milk, as well as beans and red pepper in a spinach wrap. This is about 500 calories and filled me up even after running 2 miles!

3 comments:

  1. I've been saying for years that I need to lose a lot of weight. I wanted to lose 50 pounds before we go to Haiti, but I didn't lose any. My brother is getting married in September and I would like to lose maybe 12-15 pounds by then. Then another 40 pounds after that. I've been on Weight Watchers before and lost weight, but I didn't keep it off. Healthy eating and exercise have to be a lifestyle, not a "diet". I lack discipline. Hoping your blog can help to keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Jennifer, it is a change in your lifestyle! I think setting smaller goals like what you have set for Adam's wedding is just what you need to do. Then watch it all add up. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture you took looks like one out of a magazine! I'm proud of you, babe. You're inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete