Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sacrifice Vs. Maintenance


It's like I have two guys sitting on my shoulders. One wants me to completely put my effort into shedding this 20 pounds, and the other little devil keeps reminding me that I'm a pretty happy person who looks and feels good enough.
I just watched a home movie last night of Colin and Liam's 3rd birthday party...I looked really good. I was probably about 7 pounds lighter than I am now. 7 pounds isn't that much, right? Well, here's how much 7 pounds is to me:
7 pounds is fitting into those jeans that I really like.
7 pounds is not having to pull the sides of my jeans up onto my love handles to "cover them up." (I can't help but laugh that I even think this works!)
7 pounds is having more energy than I have now.
7 pounds is feeling a lot more confident.
I'm pretty sure I had a moment watching that movie where I sighed and smiled because I can totally remember how it was to look and feel that good. Do you have one of those moments, or pictures, or videos you can look back on to get inspired?
I keep reminding myself that it is worth the sacrifice now. I can work really hard for the next 4, 5, or 6 months to feel and look better for the rest of my life. So far this week my sacrifice has paid off...I lost another pound!
Okay, I'm convinced! I definitely want to keep going.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on that pound gone! Goodbye, pound. :)

    Seven pounds is nothing. Even at a slow, conservative rate of a pound a week that puts you halfway into August. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I think I'm ready to join you, babe!

    ReplyDelete