Friday, July 1, 2011

Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed

I walked/ran 90 miles in the month of June. At the beginning of this week I was thinking I might be able to hit 100 miles if I worked really hard. But, I am quite happy to not have busted my butt, and here's why:
Wednesday night I had the chance to go out on a date with Jason. Sure, our date consisted of grabbing a quick bite to eat and then shopping for groceries. But, we didn't have any kids and we took our time...it was fun just to be together. I thought several times about rushing so we could get back for me to exercise, but a couple hours together was great way for me to say thank you without saying anything at all.You see, with the summer heat on, 8 pm has been my prime walking time. And every night Jason graciously dismisses me for my routine. Sometimes I come home and he's passed out on the floor with 4 little boys sitting right on top of him watching part of the Rocky saga. I know he'd rather be winding down, but instead he's actively being a great supporter of my quest for health.
I encourage you to find people who you can lean on for support...just like Rocky and Apollo (P.S. - Rocky III is such a good flick!). Whether it's an exercise partner, a small group to encourage you, or someone you can count your calories with, we all need people...and they need us. They need us to remember that their life is not all about us losing that extra weight.We need to be their friend, encourager, and supporter in whatever they're tackling in life.
July has 31 days. Maybe I'll hit my 100 miles this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment