Saturday, January 21, 2012

Start Your Weight Loss With a Bang!

I keep referencing my blog to see how long it took me to lose 3 pounds, 4 pounds, now up to 5.5 pounds. Yes, that's right, I have lost 5.5 pounds in 11 days! During the summer it took me almost 3 weeks to lose 5.5 pounds. So, what's the difference?
I would have to attribute the speedy weight shed to the fact that I am not eating certain foods right now. The same day I restarted my devotion to losing those 20 pounds, I began a fast. Now, this fast happens to be a spiritual one, but whether or not you are a spiritual or a religious person, fasting can be a great way to kick a habit, learn a new way of eating, or take a break from certain foods. The physical part of my fast is to cause me to think about the foods I'm putting in my body. A reminder of what I should be focusing on eating most of the time. For a period of 21 days I'm not eating any unnatural sugar, meat, hard cheeses, chips, and most processed foods. And believe you me, I have had a hankering for chocolate!
If your looking for that extra boost to taking off some weight, consider cutting out certain foods for a period of time. It doesn't have to be 21 days. It could be 1 week. It doesn't have to be all bread and pasta, but consider only eating 100% whole wheat products that are full of fiber and have less sugar. Speaking of sugar, cutting out sweets for a few days is a great way to start! Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment