Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back on Track

I wonder how many people in America are greeting the day with the phrase, "today I'm getting back on track." I'm one of them. I had a great day being lazy, relaxing in the pool, and spending time with family. I also very intentionally cheated on my "diet."
Now, I am faced with one of two choices: eat the leftover apple pie that is sitting on my counter, or strategically plan how I will spend my calories. When you come off of a day where you don't think about what you're eating or how much you are eating, it's easy to just want to give up. It's almost like we feel it necessary to punish ourselves for our bad behavior. A lot of times we think our payment for the crime is keeping on our extra weight. We think we deserve to be fat.
Honestly, I didn't even enjoy that apple pie so much because I knew I was setting myself back a day or two in my weight loss. Since I have been working so hard at keeping track of my calories and exercising it has become sort of enjoyable to me. Dare I say, I think it's becoming my mode of operation (keeping my fingers crossed).
Starting or re-starting your weight loss journey is not so much a matter of discipline or drive, but of self worth. You don't deserve to be fat, or depressed, or tired all the time. You were made to be strong, to encourage others, to be a conqueror! Remember that today is a new day. Ready...set...go!

1 comment:

  1. Very right!! I am glad I left that pie on the counter today and didn't take a slice to work :)

    ReplyDelete