Monday, July 11, 2011

Excuses


It's too late...
My sneakers broke...
We have friends over...
I have blisters on my feet...
It's too hot (yes, 106 is too hot)...
I only got 4 hours of sleep last night...
These are all excuses I tried using last night as to why I shouldn't exercise. I was having conversations with myself all afternoon and evening. I could have skipped out and I had plenty of decent reasons. But, if I'm going to do this thing, then I'm going to do it!
I ended up starting my routine at 8:45pm and didn't finish until after 9:30. My neighbors watering their lawns must have been laughing at me as I ran and walked the same 1/4 mile stretch of my street...it was so dark out that I didn't want to risk being too far from home.
I've been around the block with exercising and losing a few pounds to know that if you allow excuses to work a little, they will end up working a lot! Of course, there are times when you really do have a reason for missing out on your routine. I think it's a great idea to take a day off every now and then to give your body an extra rest. But, before you decide to take a pass ask yourself if it's an excuse or a valid reason.
I felt so energized and satisfied after I finished my workout last night. I slept really good too! I feel pretty optimistic about today and I am determined to try really hard to knock the scale down another notch. The best part about today: I get to buy new sneakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment