Friday, July 29, 2011

Lose 8 Pounds in One Month

You can google this topic and immediately dozens of links will appear. Some of the results are dieting gimmicks or advertisements for the latest "supplement" you can buy to increase your metabolism and burn fat. Often, the solutions to losing your excess weight include a very restricted calorie intake and NO room for fat, or real life in my opinion.
For those of you who live in the real world with me, I would like to happily report that in one month I have lost exactly 8 pounds! If you've been following this blog for any amount of time you probably know that my strategy includes cutting my calories, exercising, eating healthy food, and leaving room for carbs and even an occasional treat. Well, so far so good. The best part is that when I have reached my goal and am done losing weight I can just maintain by doing the exact same thing...but with more calories. That sounds so good!
My total weight loss goal is 24 pounds, which means I am 1/3 of the way there. I still have 2 or 3 months of hard work ahead of me. But the nice thing about losing weight is that it is a process that can be measured in more than just pounds. Last night when I was getting my PJ's on my husband walked in and screamed you look so thin! Very good! In about another pound I will be down a size. Even better! I am also very close to hitting a new tens place on the scale - it's too bad my first ones place number was a 9. These are all little accomplishments that make me want to keep working hard.
And you all make me want to keep working hard too. There is not much better in my life than to encourage someone to reach the potential that they were created for. That is why I love to record my progress and share it with you. In the hopes that you will get inspired, encouraged, and reach your goals. When you are feeling good about yourself and walk in confidence, the sky's the limit. If you want to you can lose 8 pounds in one month too!

No comments:

Post a Comment