Thursday, July 14, 2011

Your High School Weight


This photograph was taken almost 17 years ago. This is my senior picture that was taken on August 4, 1994 - holy BIG hair! If you were born sometime in the 1970's, chances are pretty good that you have a few pictures like this too. Don't ask why I remember what day it was. I just remember weird information about the past. Something I also remember about this day is how much I weighed.
I was all set on celebrating the loss of another pound in a day or two by talking about how I reached the weight from this landmark day. However, I ran into a problem. You see, when I weighed myself this morning...I skipped right over that number...yeah, way to mess up my plans. I didn't believe it, so I weighed myself about 10 times. Did I really lose 1.5 pounds? Yes sir, I believe I did.
Now, before you get all envious about me being at my high school weight let me explain something. I've been pretty much the same size my entire adult life. I was never one of those skinny minnie high school girls. In fact, the last time I saw size 1,3, or even 5 was before I hit puberty and "developed". Sorry if I'm bringing back some painful memories!
I think the reason we remember things like how much we weighed, or how it felt to be thin, isn't so we can get depressed or think that the best years are behind us. It's so we can have some motivation and something to drive us to becoming even better. Now, my body doesn't look exactly the same as it did in high school. I can thank my kids for that! But, I do feel thinner and healthier than I did 18 days ago when I became quite serious about losing that extra 20 pounds.
I must be doing something right because I have lost 6.5 pounds in under 3 weeks just by eating a responsible amount of healthy food and exercising...no gimmicks. I hope that this can be the inspiration someone needs to get started at losing weight, or to continue in your efforts. And when you hit a landmark weight, celebrate with others, and keep your next milestones in mind.
I have 3 more in my pocket, and some great pictures to go with them!

1 comment: