Friday, July 22, 2011

My Favorite Jeans

I mentioned earlier that I thought this was going to be my hump week. I was right. It's been a challenge to stay on track with my goal to lose that extra 20 pounds I've been carrying around. Actually I changed my goal to 24 pounds.
I've been working hard at cutting my calories by 300-500 a day, and I've been walking and running about 20 miles a week. I'd be a fool to not be pleased with my progress. After all, I've lost 7 pounds in 25 days! I'm just a little bored with the monotony of it all.
I do have a new milestone to report: I fit into my favorite jeans (see Sacrifice Vs. Maintainence, June 30th). I bought these jeans almost 5 years ago. I got pregnant a year after that and it's hard to believe that since then I have been unable to wear these. It's amazing to me how comfortable I was, weighing too much for so many years. I wasn't comfortable as in I loved how I felt and looked. I was comfortable in the fact that I didn't want to put the effort into changing things.
We live in a society where immediate gratification and high speed everything is so common. We praise the situations that we can contribute as little effort as possible. I think that's why this week has needed some extra internal motivation. Although I prefer the speedy results of the hare, I know the tortoise is the victor. Slow and steady wins the race!
I have been bolstered by the reports of others being inspired to lose weight because of me sharing what I'm going through. I have genuinely smiled each time I see a that someone has lost pounds, or those who simply decided that it's time for them to make a change too. That has been a major influence in my determination this week. So, here's a huge THANK YOU!
Let us keep up the good, and sometimes tedious work, and continue toward our goals. Just over 3 weeks ago I couldn't fit into these jeans. I'm hoping that in another month or so I'll have to give up my favorite jeans for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment